Tue, Mar 15|
LPN IV Therapy Program -Eastern PA
PA State Board of Nursing Approved LPN IV Therapy certificate. Great review for RNs. online and in-person training
Time & Location
Mar 15, 2022, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
West Chester, 571 E Gay St West Chester, PA 19380
About the Event
This program is recognized by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing and complies with the requirements of the IV therapy course required under § 21.203(d)(8) of the PA Nursing Code, regarding the LPN performing I.V. therapy, including a central line.
This class is great for:
- Any nurse with very little or no IV experience
- Any nurse with some IV experience, but would like to increase competence
- LPNs who need a PA SBON approved IV Therapy course for a job
- Nurses moving from out of the hospital to hospital nursing
- Nurses moving to Agency jobs
- RNs or LPNs who would like an IV Therapy review
- Anyone who wants to increase their confidence and competence in taking care of IV Therapy and Infusion patients
Combines pre-class Online learning Plus the in-class Skills Training
- IV Skills Review for the RN and/or LPN
- Hands-on skills: Peripheral & Central lines. Includes Care of Midline, PICC, and Med ports, plus blood sampling from central lines, peripheral IV insertion, central line dressing change, flushing central lines, and setting up primary infusions.
- Incorporates the most recent updated IV and Infusion standards and guidelines
- The course is taught by a Certified Infusion Registered Nurse Educator and experienced Infusion nurses
- Review of PN Law, Rules & Regulations
- Definition of IV therapy and indications
- Types of vascular access delivery devices
- Age-related considerations
- Legal implications for IV therapy
- Anatomy and physiology
- Fluid and electrolyte balance
- Infusion equipment used in IV therapy
- Parenteral solutions and indications
- Infection control and safety
- Insertion of peripheral short catheters
- Administration, maintenance, and monitoring of peripheral IV therapy
- Complications and nursing interventions
- Central and peripheral devices
- Administration, maintenance, and monitoring of central and peripheral IV therapy
- Patient education
- Attendees that successfully complete the course (Online Course and Skills Training) will receive a certificate of completion for a PA SBON approved LPN IV Therapy course
- Registered attendees will receive an email containing a Pre-Course Pack with access to the online pre-class training. This will have important information for the day of class and to help prepare for the class information
- You must complete the online portion before attending the in-person Skills session portion of this course. The online course should take about 4-5 hours to complete.
- Supplies and reference material included
- Limited class size. Book Now!
What does this Event Registration Include?
The complete IV Therapy Training Program includes the following:
1. Access to the IV Therapy Pre-Class course. This course is mandatory to be completed before your scheduled class date. The Course remains available in your member's area for 2 years.
2. One In-Person Skills session located at 571 Street Rd, West Chester, PA 19382, USA.
3. Access to Frontline's IV Therapy online Nurses group
4. Active membership for 2 years
IV Therapy Program - East PA
PA SBON LPN IV Therapy Program or RN Review Online Course, In-Person Skills session, 2 yr. Membership$210.00Sale ended